It’s your turn to host the Fourth of July party this year. The sun is shining and the clock is ticking. Will you be prepared to host your excited guests when the time arrives? It can be a stressful process. If you are ready for a little help, Jonny On It, the best home services provider app, can assist you from start to finish so you can enjoy the patriotic holiday in style.
There are a few things you’ll want to take care of before the big celebration.
Pre-Fourth of July Party
- The first challenge: junk. If your house isn’t full of it, your garage certainly is. Old furniture, broken electronics, and outdated appliances are just the start. Junk is unsightly and can be distracting to you and new visitors. Not only that, but it takes up space that could be better utilized at your party. Clear out the garage and open it up for more event space. A nice semi indoor cornhole area may be the perfect addition to your “newfound” garage this Fourth of July.
- Once the junk is gone, it will be time to start organizing your important treasures. Marie Kondo makes it look easy, but organization can be a difficult task when you don’t know where to start. Getting organized can mean anything from pulling out the label maker to rearranging the furniture. Whatever the case, a professional can make a huge difference. Keep in mind you will need access to your decorations soon and finding them easily is half the battle. You’ll want your house to be straightened and neat so your decorations can sparkle. Make sure your home is also open and inviting for the crowds.
- Having both your front and back lawn in tip-top shape is crucial for a successful Fourth of July Party. Don’t waste your time mowing the lawn or blowing the leaves when you could be enjoying your day off. Let someone else do it for you. A Jonny On It professional will tend to your flower beds and prune your shrubs. They can pull weeds, put down mulch and if that’s not enough, finish the job with a pressure wash. With a manicured yard, you’ll certainly impress your guests.
Post-Fourth of July Party
If you’ve thrown your party correctly, you won’t be getting out of bed the next day. That’s okay, you don’t have to. All your post-party needs can be handled with the touch of a few buttons.
- More than likely, drinks and crumbs were spilled on your carpet. And if by sheer luck you didn’t end up with any stains, people walking in and out all day certainly brought in footprints. Carpet cleaning can be a nightmare. Don’t resort to tireless soaking and scrubbing when you can get your carpet cleaned by a professional. It will be worth it to get a few more hours of sleep.
- After any successful indoor/outdoor party it’s not a bad idea to check on your air conditioning unit. Having the door opened and closed consistently puts extra pressure on your unit to perform. Plus, there were more people than normal in your living room, raising the temperature and humidity. A broken or stressed AC unit is the last thing you need in the middle of the summer. Call a professional to check up on things so you can continue living comfortably.
- Hot dogs, burgers, and coleslaw is just the start of it when it comes to food. A Fourth of July party requires a lot of grub. You probably used nearly every appliance in your house to prepare for this party. If your gas stove gave out or your garbage disposal was abused, don’t worry. Jonny On It has appliance repair pros to take care of any and all needs.
Being the host with the most doesn’t have to be daunting when there is a professional to help you each step of the way. Party planning is no easy task but it is easily put off. If you haven’t figured out every detail by now, you may want to tap a few buttons on your smartphone and save yourself some trouble. Once they experience your perfect Fourth of July party, all of your neighbors will be raving about your party throwing skills. When you discover how easy things can be, you’ll be using Jonny On It for before and after every party.